Our client based in the Dublin area is currently looking to recruit a Director of Road Operations for an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will be results and customer orientated. You will effectively manage the day to day activities of the Operations Team to ensure that the customer expectations and service requirements are met in a timely and professional manner.
You will provide leadership and manage a successful team of managers and drivers. Duties include recruitment, scheduling, performance management, succession planning, training & development.
Main duties include:
- Actively contribute to gaining new business, researching and developing new services and lines of business
- Implement and support lean processes and systems that deliver great service and robust compliance
- Deliver excellent service to customers, anticipating and meeting their service requirements.
- Proactively managing any issues that might reduce service standards
- Manage relationships with customers, including regular service planning and performance reviews with key customers
- Continuously improve service delivery and performance, initiating cost savings and controls
- Manage costs in line with revenue growth and budgets
- Optimise runs ensuring efficiency in hours and resources to deliver excellent service at a competitive cost
- Effectively plan and manage fleet including procurement and efficient use and maintenance of vehicles
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 6 yrs+ in a multi-drop logistics or distribution business
- Strong interpersonal and customer management skills
- Ability to think strategically and plan ahead
- Capable of engaging and liaising with key stakeholders
- Relevant supply chain distribution or logistics degree or qualifications.
- Proficient in multitasking, changing priorities and working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to lead a team through rapid growth and change
- Experience in implementing lean processes and IT systems
Salary NEG depending on experience
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration