Our client based in the Dublin 1 area is currently looking to recruit a Group Payroll and Benefits Manager for an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in administering payroll and staff benefits in both UK and ROI environments, and has excellent knowledge of payroll and employment legislation, compliance and regulatory requirements in both jurisdictions.
Main duties include:
· Payroll Management – pay authorised wages & salaries to all staff members, including members of Management & Directors.
· Payroll records – maintain accurate and updated records relating to salary levels, salary scales and all levels of payments and allowances.
· Implement permitted salary sacrifice arrangements if requested in each jurisdiction including travel tickets, cycle to work, childcare, pension contributions, etc.
· Ensure all benefits-in-kind are taxed appropriately and accurately reported to UK and ROI Revenue authorities.
· Become familiar with social-welfare rules and their impact on income continuance arrangements in ROI and UK and ensure accurately reflected in monthly payroll.
· Become familiar with rules for cross-border working and ensure accurately applied in all cases.
· Ensure Revenue & other statutory deductions (PAYE, PRSI/NI, USC, LPT) are correctly applied for UK and ROI employees using up-to-date personal tax codes and remitted to authorities and that required Revenue returns are provided.
· In redundancy situations, ensure employee options within Revenue rules are communicated accurately and taxed appropriately.
· Review pay-slips prepared by bureau for UK and on internal micro-pay system for ROI to ensure complete and accurate before issuing payment instruction to banks.
· Manage the introduction of “PAYE modernisation” in ROI from January 2019
· Ensure all employee expense claims are properly administered and maintained in accordance with company policy and income tax regulations.
· Manage & monitor business mileage for company cars throughout the year to ensure BIK obligations are properly applied by year-end.
· Manage health insurance schemes – ensure VHI/BUPA Group scheme deductions and allowances are administered accurately.
· Calculate, manage and monitor Regional Manager Mileage scheme.
· Ensure annual Regional Manager Incentive Scheme payments are made.
· Deal with all staff queries in relation to salary payments and benefits and deductions.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· A comprehensive understanding of the rules surrounding PAYE, PRSI/NI, USC and pension administration in the UK and ROI will be essential for this role, particularly in the areas of salary-sacrifice, auto-enrolment pension schemes and PAYE modernisation.
· Experience of dealing with situations where staff perform a large part of their duties while working in more than one income tax jurisdiction, ideally the UK and ROI, would be very advantageous.
· The role also requires an understanding of the cost and value of Other Benefits in both jurisdictions, such as company cars, pensions, health insurance, life insurance and income continuance. The ability to provide clear analysis to management and negotiate with Benefit providers to secure best value for both the company and employees will be key.
· Proficiency with payroll systems, ideally with experience of implemented new payroll software, as well as with MS Excel and Word, together with good communication and organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality are also required.
· Thorough knowledge of either ROI or UK Income Tax & Social Security system & rules.
· 5-years’ experience in managing an in-house computerised payroll system.
· Experience in managing relationships with Benefit providers & intermediaries such as Pensions, income Continuance, Life Insurance and Healthcare.
· Highly skilled in the Microsoft suite including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
· Strong attention to detail and administrative skills.
· Well-organised and able to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks & meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication and managerial skills, a flexible attitude and focus on team work.
· Strong leadership skills and ability to lead by example.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration