Our client based in the South Dublin area is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Officer for an immediate start.
The role in a nutshell:
To support line management, across all parts of the business, in the elimination of accidents at work, through the development and implementation of safety management systems, and the creation and embedding of a culture of health and safety awareness.
The Health and Safety Officer will also work closely with line managers/Employee Services in working towards agreed Health & Safety goals as well as ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
Main duties include:
- Development and circulation of Health & Safety Policies
- Ensure all PPE and testing equipment is kept within calibration and has all relevant certification
- Identify and manage health and safety consultants who may be used to carry out audits, provide training or assist in the planning for meeting requirements.
- Ensure there is a trained Safety Officer at each site.
- Ensure the availability of and regular review of updating of Health and Safety Statements for all sites.
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessments across the organisation
- Arrange audits of sites as and when required in accordance with best practice.
- Evaluate and approve all health and safety personal protection equipment prior to procurement decision being taken.
- Approve the design and construction of new sites and approve layout and equipment for new and existing sites from a health and safety perspective including liaison with PSDS/PSCS
- Ensure there is a clear health and safety induction process for all new employees including office staff and report on implementation of same.
- Ensure all subcontractors have a robust system of work in place and regular audits are carried out
- Where possible provide Manual Handling Training and approve contractors
- Issue PSCS / PSDP letters of appointment
- Evaluate training requirements
- Liaise with third party H&S
- Calibration of equipment / FPE certification
- Approve method statements / safety files
- Conduct on site audits
- Work closely with line managers, Employee Services, and insurers to proactively manage employer liability claims, with the aim of minimising the trauma involved for employees and containing costs to those considered reasonable for the circumstances of the case.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety Management
- 2-3 years H&S officer level experience of similar environment (IT/Telecoms)
- Established relationships with statutory bodies
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including proven ability to work with employees at all levels
- Familiarity with OSHAS 18001
- Competence to develop and implement safety management and training programmes.
- Competence to assess projects on health and safety grounds at design phase.
Salary NEG depending on experience – You will be required to travel to sites and be based in the office 2 days per week
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration