Due to expansion, our client is looking to recruit an IT Systems Administrator for an immediate start!
*This is a 12mth contract with a view to a permanent role*
The primary focus is to maintain in-house and cloud IT infrastructure (servers, storage, networks, third party systems used on-prem) and to support their staff (in assistance of Helpdesk Technician)
Main responsibilities include:
- In-house / cloud storage management
- Cross OS management – Microsoft Windows Server and Linux systems Software / Hardware patch management
- Microsoft 365 – maintenance of all modules, security improvements, periodical sanity tests.
- In-house network infrastructure maintenance & management (switches, firewalls, Wi-Fi, and VPN)
- Virtualisation & Hyper Converged hardware (VMware and HyperV)
- Third party software and systems – maintenance and service (finance, HR, CRM)
- Maintenance of other in-house services such as printing or conferencing systems.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to support and communicate with users on all levels,
- Self-starter who uses own initiative, and able to work effectively as a member of a team,
- Self-learner with a huge interest of new technology solutions, existing IT trends and personal development plan designed.
- Microsoft 365 – excellent management skills,
- Hands-on skills and good understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Linux (RedHat, CentOS) – certification is an advantage,
- VMware hands-on skills and good operational knowledge – certification is an advantage,
- Good understanding and hands-on skills of network management – certification (CCNA, CCNP) is an advantage,
- A genuine passion for IT and new technologies
- Third Level Degree in Computer Science (Desired)
- Full clean driving licence.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for an immediate start.