Our client based in the South Dublin area is currently looking to recruit an SQL DBA who will be responsible for administration and support their operations databases, and migration to a new database system. They will also be responsible for data analysis and BI reporting.
Main responsibilities include:
- Configure, optimize, and support Microsoft SQL Server relational databases.
- Review, document & enhance data infrastructure built using the Microsoft technology stack.
- Clearly define and document complex technical requirements.
- Troubleshoot and optimise poorly performing or broken SQL stored procedures.
- Work with third-party developers to resolve bespoke application issues.
- Implement database upgrades, backups, restores and replication procedures.
- Work with developers to tune SQL code.
- Support & evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed.
- Implement business department application requirements including but not limited to reports, data uploads, interface integration.
- Build effective working relationships with business stakeholders and other technical resources.
- Build operational BI reporting solutions and create ad hoc BI reports
- Understand data analysis projects
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in an information systems discipline and/or financial systems.
- Strong Database experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later. Later versions are preferred.
- Experience developing complex SQL queries and data integration.
- Experience using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS is desirable.
- Experience in database server design, troubleshooting, backups & replication.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks to specification within required timeframes.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skill.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications sector is desirable
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration