Our client based in the South Dublin area is currently looking to recruit a Transmission Planning Engineer for an immediate start.
The Engineer is responsible for performing complex MW engineering activities supporting the design, development, and optimisation of a wireless network, including MW backhaul network design per specified design rules and topology guidelines. This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimise the latest networking solutions. This role may require some travel.
Main responsibilities include:
- Plan new transmission links to meet the ongoing network expansion requirements of our client’s wireless access network
- Forecast demand on existing network links and plan upgrades to meet projected demand and to ensure that sufficient transmission capacity is available on time at each site location
- Analyse microwave paths based on maps or terrain databases, radio path calculations, antenna sizing, frequency planning & interference calculations
- Participate in budgeting process in relation to transmission network requirements.
- Verify GAD’s / DD’s / LoS reports at the design stage
- Occasionally perform LOS surveys for new network links using GIS and physical testing
- Apply for microwave point to point licences from ComReg and ensure microwave radio links are installed in compliance with licence terms & all documentation is kept up to date
- Work with site acquisition to ensure transmission requirements are included in all site contracts
- Point of contact with transmission network suppliers for network implementation. Ensure transmission requirements are met by suppliers.
- Implement resilience and upgrade strategies for transmission network using microwave radio and fibre technologies as appropriate
- Monitor and assist in troubleshooting microwave links’ KPI’s with our client’s NOC
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of relevant wireless experience, including MW Design and Performance Monitoring
- Experience with Path Loss v5, Ellipse or equivalent planning tool required
- Experience with licensed 6 GHz – 42 GHz MW frequencies and Millimeter Wave to include 70-80 GHz
- Experience with monitoring of MW links, troubleshooting and resolving degraded links
- Knowledge and/or work experience with basic RF design and optimization tasks
- Strong organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Proficient with MS Office – Outlook , Excel , Word etc.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration.