Due to expansion, our client based in the North Dublin area is currently looking to recruit a Transport Planner for an immediate start.
Main duties include:
- Import / Export Operations – Transport Planning
- POD Management
- Creating and invoicing of jobs
- Management of drivers and their driving hours.
- Use of Customer Complaints/Non-Conformance Log:
- Answering of all calls.
- Checking slots & times for all collections / deliveries as well as making all relevant delivery bookings.
- Load Temperature Alert Management – Report any discrepancies /updates etc.
- Communicate all information correctly to drivers – use text/email/phone to inform drivers of Shipping/Collection/Delivery booking references, times and locations.
- Make all necessary ferry bookings and give drivers all relevant information.
- Keep customers informed of any late deliveries, BEFORE delivery due time.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Rules.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience as Transport Planner in busy Road Freight operation
- Excellent Import/Export experience
- Excellent communication skills along with excellent MS office skills
Hours of work:
Mon-Fri on a 3 shift pattern (hours approx. per below)
11.00-20.00 / finish
Every fourth weekend, Saturday and Sunday, with 1 day off in lieu to be taken in the following week (normally Wednesday)
A premium is included in the salary to cover the additional day.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration