Due to significant growth, our client based in the Dublin area is looking to recruit a WiFi Engineer for an immediate start.
The job in a nutshell:
As a WiFi Engineer, this role involves a significant amount of contact with our client’s customers to qualify & build appropriate solutions.
Main duties include:
- Work with our client’s customers in both a pre-sale and build/maintain role to qualify fully their requirements & design and build a suitable commercial solution.
- Perform Wi-Fi surveys of potential WiFi & Smart Energy Solutions.
- Test, install & terminate CAT5/CAT6/Fibre cabling.
- Configure, mount and install network equipment including Wi-Fi access points, modems, switches, routers, cabling, access controllers & cataloguers.
- Install broadband connections (including DSL and FTTC splitters, wiring and modems).
- Diagnose faults remotely and onsite, service and replace faulty equipment.
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
- Create and take ownership of technical documentation and manuals.
- Monitor sites performance, making recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor and manage customer helpdesk tickets, finding quick and appropriate solutions to live problems.
- Keep a close eye on stock and upcoming builds to ensure they have the right amount of appropriate equipment and levels of spares.
- Follow internal processes, making process change recommendations as you go.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Significant knowledge of AWS & Cloud Hosting solutions and pricing models
- In depth knowledge of VMWare, content filtering and enterprise grade log in
- In depth knowledge of common internet equipment (modems, routers, APs etc) including detailed configuration tasks.
- Technical knowledge of WiFi equipment.
- Commercial acumen in solution designing.
- Customer first approach with a drive to get the job done.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Knowledge around using and debugging TCP/IP
- Experience of troubleshooting and testing CAT5/CAT6 patch cables
- A want to constantly learn new things & push boundaries.
- In depth knowledge of DSL/FTTC/FTTP/leased line installation.
- A customer service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience of VoIP, WAN & SD-WAN business models including green field solution designing and retrofit.
- Ability to present a highly technical solution in a non-technical, customer friendly manner.
- Ability to write and manage risk assessments.
- Experience managing and building Ruckus and UniFi controllers
- In depth knowledge of wireless point to point links and experience building/maintaining fibre networks.
- Legally allowed to work in Ireland
- Full EU driving license.
If this role is of interest to you, please apply with your updated CV for immediate consideration